Intel 471 observed 722 ransomware attacks during the fourth quarter of 2021.
The most prevalent ransomware variants in the fourth quarter of 2021 in descending order were LockBit 2.0, Conti, PYSA, and Hive. The most-impacted sectors in descending order included:
- Consumer and industrial products
- Professional services and consulting
- Real estate; life sciences and health care
- Technology, media and telecommunications
- Energy, resources
- Agriculture; public sector; financial services; and nonprofit
Get your copy of this whitepaper, and learn about the leading ransomware variants, as well as the most-impacted sectors.